Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why We Do It!


Photo Credit Hanna Saleh
being an artist to today is totally different than being one ten years ago. there's pros and cons that are associated with technology. pros being that you can connect with fans directly and reach people that you have never had a chance to meet before, and cons being that everybody with a laptop that don't take the music seriously is going to try and put out a record getting in the way of artists that do have a passion.

that's one of the things that i realize is important with what we (artists) do: passion. if i was doing this just for some money or acclaim i would've stopped a long time ago. i do this because nothing makes me happier than to be able to write a song and then get on stage and perform it seeing you all in the crowd. there's nothing like it.

it's also great when you're feeling down and out and want to quit (or at least take a hiatus) and you find new reasons to be inspired. from fans, from other artists or even from listening to a song that always comfort me for years.

when the days get hard it should be a reminder of my calling and know that not everyone can do this. and further more, not everyone can do this well. the love and support that i get from you all let's me know that i got something and i'll never take it for granted.

now, i'm an indy artist and everything you get from me is touched by me ,personally. you order a cd? it's coming from my hands. you get a poster? it's my autograph. hell, the envelope has my writing on it. i'm giving you me so when you hear my music, you're not hearing a label rep telling me to say something. you're hearing my feelings and emotions.

my fans have been honest with me and so supportive that they deserve the same from me. okay, is that enough venting? i gotta go mail these cds off to the people that ordered them. life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment