Friday, February 12, 2010

Res Creative Toys...





I was sitting in my room, looking around and thought I'd show you some of my toys that keep me creative and happy..My very first guitar was a right handed acoustic guitar, that I bought off of 45 Street at one of those music stores. And YES! I got totally ripped off! lol First of all I bought a RIGHT-HANDED guitar...but I'm left handed! The guy at the store convinced me that it would be easier for me to just learn right handed and i would have less problems getting guitars and lessons etc!!! WRONG!!!! Fast forward, I went back to the Paramount Hotel and leaned the guitar against something ,it slid and literally broke to pieces, 4 days later!

So then a year later, my manager at the time,brought me a left-handed Baby Taylor Acoustic! Now THAT, was a great investment and I suggest if you are learning to play, buy one of those. Its not only cute but it's easy to play, sounds great and if you travel as much as I do or less...it fits in the overhead compartment of all airplanes!!! Even the small commuter planes! I would show a picture of mine but, i left it at the studio.

Then I moved to LA met Wah Wah Watson and he has always been, one of my guitar gods and now a big brother. I wanted an electric guitar and was thinking all about "how cool I would look with this color guitar etc" instead of the "feel" of the guitar. I ran out to guitar center on sunset and picked the only left handed shiny red Fender they had in stock, under 250 bucks and couldn't WAIT to show WahWah! When I first told him I was going to buy a guitar he told me "Res, take your time and wait a minute,just look around first" but I didn't. So i went to his house and he took one look at the guitar and said "Take that shit back!" and he laughed at me! He picked up his Fender and said "Feel this..." His guitar felt AMAZING in my hands, I didn't want to give it back! Then he said "Pick your shit up" and my guitar felt like a block of wood. It's all about the right guitar not the prettiest.

Then Wah Wah called his friend Taye Uhler, a fellow left handed guitar player and Taye took me to True Tone's in Santa Monica and I got MY guitar. My first electric guitar was a Burns Brian May...what's so special about this guitar is that it has these cool switches on it, so i can change the sound of the pick-ups. There are 3 settings. 1 setting makes the guitar sound like a Les Paul, the other setting give me a Stratocaster sound and the other is a Telecaster sound....

I also picked up a full size Ovation Acoustic just for a full size sound and a Mini low-end model youth size bass for fun! Shoutout to Chase and amazing artist from Paris but residing in LA, who came thru and spray painted my case! I will never sell these guitars too many great memories attached..
What kind of toys do you have?
-Res


1 comment:

  1. Such a nice collections/information about toys,here i have got more about different type of toys and gifts for the kids like Creative toys, christmas gift crafts, light up toys, personalised kids gifts and many more...

    ReplyDelete